Cyclotis is a way to share translation work between translators. It takes the form of a database in which each phrase is immediately saved with its translation once validated, and client plugins for your favorite CAT tools which see it as a translation memory (or, for the most evoluted clients, a project store).
Main advantages (compared to similar solutions for various CAT tools)
- Open source: you can download and install it for free, and study the sources. The only case you have to pay is if you don't want to install your own server, but take profit of our hosting service instead ;
- CAT-tool inrependent: actually works for OmegaT and SDL Trados Studio, but potentially with other CAT tools if we can write a plugin. Note that you even can use it to share information between Trados and OmegaT (and while they are working)!!!
- Real-time: when you validate a segment, it is immediately available to your colleagues, not after 5 to 20 minutes as in some other similar solutions
- Network oriented:
- only local segments are in the RAM of your local PC, not those of distant memory;
- synchronisation uses a real network protocol (faster than sharing using windows share or nfs)
- the network protocol sends only the modified segments, in shorter possible mode (you can select between http or binary)
- you can choose various levels of security (password or not, ssh or not, etc.)
For advanced users